Executive Director (CAPS India) - India
The Centre for Asian Philanthropy and Society (CAPS HK) is a uniquely Asian, independent, action-oriented research and advisory organization committed to maximizing private resources for doing good. CAPS HK is establishing CAPS India as a sister organization.
CAPS HK identifies and disseminates best practices, models, policies, and strategies that can contribute to positive system change in the social investment sector across Asia. CAPS HK’s mission is to increase the quality and quantity of private resources going towards doing good in Asia. CAPS HK works across 1 economies throughout Asia and recognizes that each has its own unique set of strengths, challenges, and needs. In collaboration with their partners across Asia, they carry out both in-depth and comparative studies. All of their work is grounded in evidence-based research and meticulously collected data.
CAPS India will focus on issues and projects idiosyncratic to India and also be part of the team working on regional initiatives.
About the Role
CAPS India is seeking to hire a full-time Executive Director with experience in stakeholder management and project implementation in a philanthropic context. This is a unique opportunity to establish CAPS’ brand and projects in India and set the organization’s vision
and strategy in the Indian landscape. You will work with a small but highly global, high-powered research team.
What’s on Offer
This is an opportunity to work with industry leaders focused on rigorous, evidence-based research. The team at CAPS HK is committed to providing world-class research and advisory services in the field of private social investment. They have developed a wide network of partners and collaborators in over 18 economies with whom they work to improve the quality and increase the quantity of social investment throughout the Asian region. This comes with a highly competitive salary anchored on your experience and competencies.
- In collaboration with the CEO of CAPS India, develop CAPS India’s strategy and drive implementation:
- Shepherd complex stakeholder dynamics and build consensus across the different project partners, boards members, donors, and wider ecosystem;
- Lead cross-functional internal teams—or cross-organization teams—to conduct special research projects across India;
- Identify research needs and approaches relevant to the Indian context;
- Identify projects that have a global appeal but are rooted in the regional context.
- Represent CAPS India nationally and globally:
- Identify and foster relationships with potential research partners in India and the sub-continent;
- Participate in conferences, events and meetings across the region to disseminate research findings and be an ambassador for CAPS India.
- Build a team:
- Manage, and cultivate a high-performing, innovative team;
- Play an active role in creating and fostering an organizational culture aligned with the values, and mission of CAPS India.
- Manage CAPS India:
- Oversee the organisation’s finances and administration;
- Oversee reporting requirements;
- Co-author strategic plans and project proposals.
- Entrepreneurial Track Record:
- A track record of having successfully built and led a new organization or vertical;
- 10+ years of professional experience, including at least 5 of those years in India;
- Expertise in risk management, including the identification of conflicts of interest.
- Proven ability to drive high impact research projects in India:
- Understands research methodology and is intellectually curious;
- Ability to identify and drive high impact research goals for the country based on pressing challenges and questions. This includes having a good understanding of policy and implementation at the grass-roots level.
- Team Building and Stakeholder Management Skills:
- A track record of achievement in building and managing teams;
- Experience in managing a diverse set of stakeholders, including donors or investors.
- Excellent Presentation Skills:
- Demonstrated writing ability;
- An ability to speak publically and generate consensus through group leadership.
- Philanthropic Sector Experience
- Experience in successfully engaging with the philanthropic community, either “externally” through leading the process to raise philanthropic funds, or “internally” from having held leadership positions in philanthropic organizations.
- Integrity and hard work.
- Learning and growth mindset.
If interested, please click here to apply.