Director of Advisory Services - Hong Kong
CAPS is seeking to hire a full-time Director of Advisory Services, based in CAPS’ office in Hong Kong. The person in this role will work closely with CAPS’ Chief Executive to develop and build out the advisory services provided to both individual and corporate philanthropists throughout Asia.
Role and responsibilities
- Build and cultivate client relationships with philanthropists (both individual and corporate);
- Assess the philanthropic goals of clients and identify ways in which CAPS can help the clients fulfil those goals;
- Write project proposals, presentations, reports and other written materials for clients for the delivery of advisory services;
- Maintain awareness of current best practices in impact investing, shared value and corporate social responsibility (“CSR”);
- Together with the Chief Executive, project manage the delivery of advisory services projects;
- Oversee project measurement and evaluation as contracted by client;
- Develop materials and collateral to be used during board strategy discussions, client meetings, interviews and other events related to the advisory service offering; and
- Oversee the planning and project manage the organization and execution of events, conferences and workshops.
Requisite qualifications and skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively across countries and nationalities;
- Demonstrated knowledge and work experience carrying out CSR programs;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working on philanthropic trends and issues;
- Demonstrated project management experience;
- Highly proficient in using Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves” and be part of a hands-on and small organization;
- Self-starter who can work independently as well as part of team;
- Willingness to travel outside of Hong Kong (in Asian region);
- Ability to trouble shoot, work under pressure and to meet deadlines; and
- Event planning experience (in a work environment) highly desirable.
- Bachelors degree required, graduate degree preferable.
- Strong written and verbal English skills.
Additionally, the successful candidate will:
- Appreciate this position as a singular opportunity; and
- Have a sense of humor.
If interested, please send a cover letter and current CV which support the candidate’s qualifications and skills to email@example.com. Applications without these documents will not be considered. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the role is filled.