Communications Manager - Hong Kong
As CAPS continues to launch ground-breaking new research and undertake more projects, we are growing our communications team to drive engagement and awareness of our work across Asia. We are seeking to hire a part-time (1 to 2 business days per week) communications manager in Hong Kong. The individual in this role will work closely with the senior management team at CAPS to (a) develop and implement communication strategies to broaden the reach and impact of CAPS’ research across Asia (including Hong Kong) and oversee organizational messaging and constituent services; and (b) set, guide and help execute the strategy for all communications, website, social media and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate CAPS’ mission.
Role and responsibilities
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a strategic and effective communications and public relations plan to grow CAPS’ presence in both print and social media across Asia.
- Strengthen the CAPS brand and engage our stakeholders in traditional print media as well as on social media by leading and overseeing the production of creative and compelling content.
- Create momentum and awareness around CAPS’ research, publications, events, advisory services and knowledge portal.
- Track and test the effectiveness of communications and outreach activities.
- Oversee and manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, and company website.
- Mentor and lead the team members responsible for CAPS’ website administration.
- Coordinate webpage maintenance and ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) are posted promptly and regularly.
- Track and measure the level of engagement within the network over time.
- Develop and manage all media contacts. Ensure coverage by relevant media through an effective media relations strategy.
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the communications team.
Requisite qualifications and skills
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in communications, marketing, journalism, public relations or related field.
- Minimum five years of increasing responsibility in strategic communications, marketing, public and media relations, or related field.
- Proven ability to develop, execute and maintain a comprehensive strategic communications plan, including media relations, social media, branding and marketing, ideally within a non-profit setting.
- Experienced in digital marketing; understands the role of digital marketing; proven ability to create and execute a digital marketing plan.
- Experienced team leader; able to set priorities, formulate goals, and establish effective courses of action. Takes responsibility and accountability for outcome of work. Highly collaborative—able to work successfully with others including senior management and junior staff, and diverse group of external constituencies including donors and partners.
- Demonstrated project management skills and a highly motivated self-starter. Able to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative team environment, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Willing to “roll up one’s sleeves” to ensure successful execution of communications strategy.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Previous non-profit work experience preferable but not essential.
- Cantonese and/or Mandarin language capability is an asset but not essential.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without these documents will NOT be considered. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the role is filled.