Senior Researcher (CAPS India) - India
The Centre for Asian Philanthropy and Society (CAPS HK) is a uniquely Asian, independent, action-oriented research and advisory organization committed to maximizing private resources for doing good. CAPS HK is establishing CAPS India as a sister organization.
CAPS HK identifies and disseminates best practices, models, policies, and strategies that can contribute to positive system change in the social investment sector across Asia. CAPS HK’s mission is to increase the quality and quantity of private resources going towards doing good in Asia. CAPS HK works across 18 economies throughout Asia and recognizes that each has its own unique set of strengths, challenges, and needs. In collaboration with their partners across Asia, they carry out both in-depth and comparative studies. All of their work is grounded in evidence-based research and meticulously collected data.
CAPS India will focus on issues and projects idiosyncratic to India and also be part of the team working on regional initiatives.
About the Role
CAPS India is seeking to hire a full-time Senior Researcher with experience in primary and secondary research in a development sector/philanthropic context. This is a unique opportunity to work in a small but global, high-powered research team.
What’s on offer
This is an opportunity to work with industry leaders focused on rigorous, evidence-based research. The team at CAPS HK is committed to providing world-class research and advisory services in the field of private social investment. They have developed a wide network of partners and collaborators in over 18 economies with whom they work to improve the quality and increase the quantity of social investment throughout the Asian region. This comes with a highly competitive salary anchored to your experience and competencies.
- Write and edit research reports and articles for publication consistent with the high standards expected at CAPS HK.
- Conduct primary research (e.g. interviews, surveys) and secondary research (electronic and print sources) to fulfil research responsibilities.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative information gathered from surveys, interviews and other sources.
- Help execute and manage the research process, including mentoring junior members of the research team.
- Contribute to designing and planning both policy and applied research projects, including writing research proposals.
- Help nurture and grow research partnerships across Asia.
- Participate in conferences, events and meetings across the region to disseminate research findings and be an ambassador for CAPS India.
- Should have 8+ years of experience in research/writing/journalism or related fields.
- Experience and aspiration to work with global, senior stakeholders.
- Experience in either quantitative or qualitative research.
- Experience in project management especially leading research projects in a strict deadline-driven environment.
- Should possess proficiency in mining information from different sources, including academia, the media, and the corporate and social sectors.
- Experience or interest in data analysis. Should not be afraid of numbers.
- Experience in philanthropy/nonprofit/social sector.
- Fluency in additional languages (preferably Asian).
- Integrity and hard work.
- Learning and growth mindset.
Years of experience: 8+
Travel: Frequent (may involve international travel)
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note applications without cover letters will not be considered.