Research Analyst - Hong Kong
CAPS is seeking to hire a full-time Research Analyst with strong analytical and writing abilities for its head office in Hong Kong. The Research Analyst will be a member of a small but high-powered research team and work closely with the Director of Research.
If necessary, CAPS will sponsor the qualified candidate’s employment visa in Hong Kong.
Role and responsibilities
- Support the analysis and writing of various research reports and articles for publication;
- Engage in primary research (interviews, surveys, etc) and secondary research (electronic and print sources) to fulfill research responsibilities;
- Collate, organize, and analyze qualitative and quantitative information gathered from surveys and interviews;
- Research relevant information, intelligence, and trends on philanthropy, charity, and private social investment throughout Asia;
- Write background briefs and memos for senior staff;
- Undertake independent writing when required.
Requisite qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the social sciences and/or humanities from a reputable university;
- Passion for social science research, and experience in both quantitative and qualitative research methods;
- Interest and experience in data analysis and data visualization;
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Great interpersonal and communication skills for effective teamwork across different cultures and nationalities;
- Self-starter who is intellectually curious and eager to contribute ideas and opinions;
- Willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves” and get involved end-to-end in research projects;
- Demonstrable interest in philanthropy/nonprofit/social sectors;
- Native proficiency in English. Fluency in additional Asian languages desirable.
Additionally, the successful candidate will:
- Appreciate this position as a singular opportunity with the potential for learning and growth;
- Have a sense of humor.
If interested, please send a cover letter, CV, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without these documents will NOT be considered.