The Centre for Asian Philanthropy and Society identifies and disseminates best practices, models, policies, and strategies that can contribute to positive system change in the social investment sector across Asia.
CAPS builds shared commitment to an improved social investment sector in Asia by:
- Understanding fundamental strengths and cultural practices in Asia;
- Researching and promoting public policies that best enable the giving and receiving of private social investment;
- Working with philanthropists and corporate donors to increase the impact of their investments;
- Enhancing the efficacy of organizations that deliver social services;
- Influencing the adoption of business rigor and tools in the charitable sector; and
- Creating a regional community of stakeholders working toward these shared goals.
Today’s work in philanthropy, impact investing, social delivery, and corporate social responsibility (CSR) must meet the requirements of complex social issues in the 21st century. We focus on 16 economies throughout Asia and recognize that each has its unique set of strengths, challenges, and needs. In collaboration with our partners across Asia, we carry out both in-depth and comparative studies. All of our work is grounded in evidence-based research and meticulously collected data.
Our research findings inform both policy and practice. Equipped with results-based understanding, philanthropists, investors, and policy makers can make informed decisions. Our mission is to be a trusted knowledge partner in these pursuits.
Our Knowledge Portal
There is great dynamism in the social sector in Asia today and there are many individuals and organizations carrying out excellent work. Our knowledge portal is a curated site that showcases the best studies, reports, articles, and videos from around Asia. We hope that over time this site will become a valuable resource to all those who are interested in addressing social challenges in Asia.