Communications Manager - Hong Kong
Established in 2013, the Centre for Asian Philanthropy and Society (CAPS) is committed to improving the quantity and quality of philanthropic giving throughout Asia. Based in Hong Kong, CAPS research works to increase the impact of philanthropists and to enhance the efficacy of social organizations. Our mission is to improve the social investment sector in Asia by understanding fundamental strengths and cultural practices in Asia, as well as researching and promoting public policies that best enable the giving and receiving of private social investment. CAPS works across 18 Asian countries and territories to generate evidence-based insights into how individuals, companies and governments can best address social challenges. For more information on CAPS research and services, please visit: http://caps.org/.
CAPS is looking to hire a full-time Communications Manager with strong writing, media relations and social media skills for its office in Hong Kong. The Communications Manager will report directly to the CEO and work closely with the research and advisory teams.
- Develop and execute public relations plans and campaigns for existing and upcoming research produced by CAPS
- Produce proactive story angles and conduct media outreach
- Ongoing media and influencer relationship management
- Develop plan and content for ongoing social media engagement
- Identify influencers for the topics relevant to CAPS, and build engagement programs
- Monitor online trends and maintain a content calendar
- Draft, edit, proofread and oversee all external content produced, including press releases, partner stories, executive interviews and other external materials
- Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners
- Assist in planning and organizing events and webinars
- Degree in Journalism, Marketing and/or Communications or related disciplines.
- 5+ years of relevant working experience in nonprofits, related corporate sectors or PR agencies.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Experience in digital marketing, marketing communications and event management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Knowledge in using Canva, Google Analytics and Hootsuite (or similar platform) is an advantage.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial, creative, resourceful, detail-oriented and strong at multi-tasking.
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in additional Asian languages is a plus.
If interested, please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that no application without a cover letter will be considered.